Plaza Becomes Social Hub After Year-Long Renovation
LAS VEGAS (March 17, 2014) – New York-New York Hotel & Casino
New York-New York Ribbon Cutting with President & COO Cynthia Kiser Murphey and Executive Team - Credit: Cashman Photo
New York-New York Balloon Release - March 15, 2014
Credit: Cashman Photo
New York-New York - Nine Fine Irishmen Patio - 2014
New York-New York - New Plaza - Wideshot with Trees - 2014
New York-New York - New Plaza - Stupidiotic and Swatch Facade - 2014
New York-New York - New Plaza - Retail Facade - 2014
New York-New York - New Plaza with Bridge Entrance - 2014
New York-New York - New Plaza - Wideshot - 2014
, one of Las Vegas’ most iconic and downright fun destinations, officially unveiled its transformed Strip-front façade featuring a re-imagined public plaza, expanded outdoor dining patio and four new retail venues with a green ribbon cutting ceremony at the kickoff of Celtic Feis this past Saturday, March 15.
Anchored by the property’s famed Brooklyn Bridge, the plaza delivers an animated and engaging pedestrian environment to the south end of Las Vegas Blvd., encouraging guests to become part of the scene. The venue also provides an inviting atmosphere for the hotel’s annual celebrations such as St. Baldrick’s Day, Celtic Feis and New Year’s Eve Bridge Bash.
“Our goal was to create a vibrant patio culture and bring the New York-New York experience outside to share with the tens of millions of pedestrians and guests who walk on the Brooklyn Bridge each year,” said Cynthia Kiser Murphey, president and COO of New York-New York. “We invite Las Vegas visitors and locals alike to experience our refreshed look, high-energy atmosphere and visit our fun new retail partners.”
The new offerings include:
EXPANDED NINE FINE IRISHMEN PATIO
NEW RETAIL DESTINATIONS
- One of the first additions to the enhanced plaza area is an expanded patio at Nine Fine Irishmen, the hotel’s authentic Irish pub, featuring a permanent bar. Guests can enjoy the authentic Irish food, drinks and entertainment while taking in the Vegas sights from this premium vantage point.
- Swatch. Swatch is a leading Swiss watchmaker and one of the world's most popular brands. This location is Swatch’s flagship in Las Vegas and its new store concept is designed to bring light, color and motion together, offering a fun, relaxing and colorful environment. Located in the heart of the store is The Wave, a watch-chandelier made up of 4,706 watches.
- Stupidiotic (stoo-pid-ee-ah-tik). Stupidiotic is a specialty retail store featuring a wide variety of ingenious and UN-genius products and ideas. Some are amusing. Some just confusing. Most are genuinely thoughtful and sensible - in a Stupidiotic sort of way. All together, they create an interesting and unexpected retail shopping experience found nowhere else in Las Vegas.
- I Love NYNY. Architecturally inspired by the energetic atmosphere of Chelsea Market in the original city that never sleeps, I Love NYNY is the “go-to” store found on so many corners in New York. Whether it’s must-have NYNY apparel and gifts or that beverage, snack or sundry item guests can’t live without, I Love NYNY has something to meet every need.
- Starbucks. This 24/7 New York City-themed Starbucks sports traditional lounge areas and patio seating with umbrellas to ensure the comfort of its patrons as they take in the Vegas scene around them. A rich combination of exposed brick and nostalgic handbills brings a New York City feel to the quaint space, while murals depicting some of New York’s most famous parks rounds out the decor.
In addition to the above retail options, Hershey’s Chocolate World™
flagship store will anchor the destination when it opens later this spring. The two-story, 12,000-square-foot interactive venue will celebrate the incredible array of Hershey's-branded products that inspire the "Hershey's Happiness" mantra.