MGM Resorts International Launches Program Celebrating Active Military & Veterans
Active Military, Guard, Reserve, Veterans and Spouses to Enjoy Benefits at
MGM Resorts Destinations across U.S.
LAS VEGAS (July 20, 2017) – Created in appreciation for our nation’s active military personnel, veterans and their spouses, MGM Resorts International’s new Military & Veterans Program (MVP) launches today, July 20. Conceptualized and developed by MGM Resorts’ Veterans Employee Network Group, MVP provides special recognition, offers, discounts and benefits at MGM Resorts destinations throughout the U.S. to the country’s 24 million military members, veterans and spouses. With a military ID, they can sign up for the program on-site at MGM Resorts destinations.
“As a company, we have always supported our country’s greatest heroes,” said Jim Murren, Chairman & CEO of MGM Resorts International. “Our new Military & Veterans Program provides us with another channel to recognize and thank them for their service. Including spouses in our program allows us to honor these important partners as well for their incredible bravery and commitment to family and country. I am proud of our Veterans Employee Network Group for their work on this program, which will result in more meaningful on-property interactions between our team and the military community.”
A private launch ceremony took place last night at The Mirage Hotel & Casino where MGM Resorts’ Chairman & CEO Jim Murren presented the first MVP cards to seven active and retired military service members as well as military spouses during a special performance of Terry Fator Tonight. Fator, The VOICE of Entertainment, introduced a video dedicated to our military and MGM Resorts’ role in celebrating the brave men and women who defend our freedoms. Then Winston, one of Fator’s popular characters who dressed up for the occasion in his military uniform, helped welcome Mr. Murren to the stage for the MVP card presentation. Mr. Murren also took the opportunity to recognize the invited military members in the audience including World War II veteran Sel Dante.
MVP First Card Recipients:
- Bill Pierce, Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army, 42 years of service (Retired)
- Hannah McDaniels, Captain, U.S. Air Force, 8 years of service (Veteran)
- Chris McDaniels, Captain, U.S. Air Force, 14 years of service (Veteran)
- Jason Cabrera, Gunnery Sergeant, Marine Corps, 14 years of service (Active Duty)
- Dane Humble, Staff Sergeant, Marine Corps Reserve, 13 years of service (Active Duty)
- John Huss, Specialist, Nevada Army National Guard, 6 years of service (Active Duty)
- Taylor Huss (Military Spouse)
An extension of M life Rewards
, the Company’s premier loyalty program, MVP distinguishes service members with a dedicated M life Rewards card identified with the MVP logo and provides access to all of the available military benefits throughout MGM Resorts destinations via a new convenient, comprehensive and easy-to-find central location – mgmresorts.com/military
In addition to M life Rewards’ existing benefits, new Military & Veterans Program cardholders are automatically upgraded to the second Tier Level, Pearl, with benefits including complimentary self-parking at MGM Resorts properties as well as exclusive discounts on select entertainment, dining options, attractions, spa treatments and room rate discounts at all MGM Resorts destinations across the U.S. including Bellagio, ARIA and MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Miss., MGM Grand Detroit and MGM National Harbor in Maryland.
MGM Resorts supports the military through various programs and events each year, including:
- Salute to The Troops. An annual appreciation weekend hosted at The Mirage created to show gratitude for wounded warriors and their spouses with an itinerary full of entertainment, dining and relaxation.
- Boots to Business. An industry-leading hiring program that recruits qualified military veterans and military spouses. MGM Resorts hired 648 veterans in 2016 and 202 veterans in 2017.
- Veterans Career Fair. An annual career fair for veterans and military spouses since 2012. On June 30, 2017, MGM Resorts Veterans Career Fair had more than 250 attendees with over 50 on-the-spot job offers.
- Veterans Employee Network Group. A Company group dedicated to bringing employees together to learn, network, develop professional skills and develop ideas to enhance business practices and guest experiences.
- Active Duty Full Pay and Benefits. MGM Resorts goes above and beyond what the law requires, offering full pay and benefits to eligible employees who are called to active duty – with eligible reemployment after service. Employees who take a Military Leave of Absence also receive full medical and dental benefit coverage during their deployment. Military service requires tremendous personal sacrifice and employees should not have to make career sacrifices to serve their country. Additionally, in support of employees who are called into active duty, MGM Resorts International may provide eligible employees with supplemental pay and benefits during a combat tour for a declared military action.
- Special Events
- Mobilization Ceremony. In January 2016, Mandalay Bay hosted a mobilization ceremony for the largest deployment of Nevada Army National Guard soldiers since 2009.
- Nevada’s Fisher House Opening. In 2015, MGM Resorts International donated $250,000 to aid the opening of Nevada’s first Fisher House for military veterans. The North Las Vegas facility provides free lodging for the families of wounded, injured and ill military members and veterans receiving treatment through the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System or Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center at Nellis Air Force Base.
The MGM Resorts Military & Veterans Program is available to all U.S. active duty, guard, reserve, retired military, veterans and spouses of eligible military personnel. Current M life Rewards members can sign up for the MVP card at any M life Rewards Desk at M life Rewards destinations: Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Delano Las Vegas, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, and Excalibur in Las Vegas; Beau Rivage and Gold Strike in Mississippi; MGM Grand Detroit, MGM National Harbor in Maryland and Borgata in Atlantic City.
For more information on MGM Resorts Military & Veterans Program including specific eligibility requirements, discounts and benefits, visit mgmresorts.com/military
. For images, footage and press materials, visit the MGM Resorts Newsroom
# # #
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is a global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 27 unique hotel offerings including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. The company is expanding throughout the U.S. and around the world, developing MGM Springfield in Massachusetts and MGM COTAI in Macau, and debuting the first international Bellagio branded hotel in Shanghai. The 77,000 global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information visit us at www.mgmresorts.com
About MGM Resorts International’s M life Rewards
M life Rewards is MGM Resorts International’s premier rewards program. Members earn benefits at 17 world-renowned MGM Resorts destinations including Bellagio
, MGM Grand
, The Signature at MGM Grand
, Mandalay Bay
, Delano Las Vegas
, The Mirage
, Monte Carlo
, New York-New York
, and Excalibur
in Las Vegas; Beau Rivage
and Gold Strike
in Mississippi, MGM Grand Detroit, MGM National Harbor
in Maryland and the newest addition, Borgata
in Atlantic City, which launched the program June 7, 2017. With just one card, M life Rewards members have access to experiential rewards, personalized offers and exclusive benefits such as special room rates, pre-sale entertainment and fight tickets, priority reservations, and invitations to members-only events. Preferred relationships, including Hyatt, Southwest Airlines, Royal Caribbean International and Avis Budget Group, provide members additional value, access and offers throughout the world on land, air and sea. For more information, visit mlife.com
or connect on Facebook
MGM Resorts International Public Relations